Gar-Cal is a family owned business that is focused on customer services and satisfaction since 2000. At Gar-Cal we are passionate about delivering custom builds and renovations that enhance your home to match your vision. We strive to provide a build that meets all the structural, aesthetic, and sustainable objectives for your home. Our team is focused on understanding your custom design goals and leverage software to provide you with digital mock-up’s of your vision. We will work closely with you to ensure you are pleased with the planning, timing and execution of the projects.
Our commitment to quality construction has earned us the reputation as the contractor of choice for special and unique projects. The loyalty of our clients, most with whom we have been doing business with us for many years, attests to the companies pride in customer satisfaction. Here at Gar-Cal we understand that renovating your home is an investment and we are invested in ensuring you are satisfied and happy with the end result.
Before & After
"From start to finish Gar-Cal was the most professional company for our backyard improvement. They were very responsive to our needs and their pricing was very competitive to their competition. They were very responsive to all our specific wants and made all the necessary adjustments to WOW us. Angel helped us figure out exactly what we wanted and was able to give multiple suggestions/ideas on ways to help beautify our backyard deck. I would definitely recommend Gar-Cal for any project and I look forward to working with them again on our next!"
-The Stasium family, Livermore CA
"Thank you so much for sharing your experience as one of our value customers"
-Nancy & Terry, Castro valley, CA
"It is my pleasure to write this review on behalf of Gar-Cal Corporation and Angel Garcia. Angel was the general contractor for a project on the exterior of our home in the spring of 2020. We had no prior relationship with Angel, who we found through Diamond Certified. The scope of the project involved:
• Build a 12’ x’12’ redwood deck, raised 5 feet off the ground, including footings, roof, cable railings, electrical outlets, and lighting.
• Reroof the entire house, approximately 1600 square feet.
• Repaint the house, including removing existing peeling paint where necessary, sanding and power washing.
• Replace existing brick stairs with cement, including demolition of existing structure, build proper footings and retaining walls, design and build the cement staircase, walkways, and planters. Budget of just over $72,000.
While major projects like this are naturally stressful for any homeowner, Angel’s services as a general contractor were exemplary, and I am extremely pleased with the result.
Categorically, I would give Angel high distinction in the following areas:
1. Quality of work performed: The quality of work done was consistently top notch. Angel and his team were knowledgeable, skilled, and competent in their work. They were conscientious about following project specifications, and their work product rarely needed improvement or revision. They had solid work ethics and habits, strong safety mindset, and emphasized getting the job done right rather than doing it fast. Their pride in their work was evident. They tidied up at the end of each workday. I also found them to be trustworthy, and my husband and I felt comfortable with allowing them access.
2. Quality of work crews: Angel’s team members were professional, reliable, courteous, and respectful of the homeowner’s property and privacy. Angel was integrally involved with them to ensure his standards were met and we were happy with the outcome.
3. Project management and coordination: Angel’s experience working in construction really paid off. He was knowledgeable about all aspects of our project, and was able to plan, coordinate and manage the activities of the work effectively. His excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills and commitment to follow-through are assets which enabled him to juggle the extensive details involved in our project without missing a beat. Angel’s familiarity with building codes and calmness and demeanor in dealing with a very picky client (my husband) also facilitated a smooth and hassle-free process.
4. Integrity and professionalism: Throughout the project, I was impressed with Angel’s commitment to generating a top-quality product, rather than maximizing his profit margin. There will always be hidden problems that were not apparent until work has begun. When situations arose where extra work needed, Angel either (if it was relatively minor) took care of it or (if it was more extensive) involved us in an informed decision making process that concluded in a change order which was fair.
5. Effective communication: Angel kept us closely informed of work crew schedules, delivery dates, and projected completion dates of different phases of our project. His communication (whether in person, by cell phone or email) was always clear, informative, and helpful. He was either available on his cell phone or returned my phone calls or texts promptly. We never had a single miscommunication throughout the project. His communication with the work crews was just as effective.
6. Flexibility and effectiveness in dealing with unexpected developments: When unforeseen problems surfaced, Angel worked diligently with us to identify a solution that was acceptable to us. He utilized resources effectively and creatively, and made the changes needed to implement the solution.
7. Responsiveness to homeowner’s needs and concerns: Angel’s commitment to homeowner satisfaction was evident in his actions. On the few occasions when I brought a request or concern to his attention, he listened attentively, and always took appropriate action that demonstrated responsiveness to my needs or concerns. His service-oriented outlook is admirable.
8. Truth in advertising: In his proposal, Angel gave a clear breakdown of costs for each facet of the project. His contract was just as detailed in describing the work to be done and the itemized costs. Same with the change orders. When the project was completed, all the work was done as described and agreed upon, and there were no hidden costs, extra expenses, or unpleasant surprises. As a homeowner and customer, I felt Angel delivered exactly what he had promised, at the agreed upon price.
9. Value: We had solicited five bids for this project. Although his was not the lowest bid, after meeting Angel and considering his recommendations we were convinced that he would deliver the best value for the price, which he did.
Angel has our highest recommendation. "
-Terry & Nancy, Castro valley, CA
"Gar-Cal redesigned our entire kitchen, two bathrooms, took up all of our carpet, refinished the wood underneath, and painted our entire interior. They listened to exactly what we wanted and had to say, laid out a plan and let us ask as many questions as we wanted. We left our house for a quick trip and when we came back, we had a completely new house. Very professional, meticulous and talented. We could not have been more satisfied. We will be calling them for more jobs and recommend them 100%. Gar-Cal is very professional, flexible and super easy to work with."
-Kubitz Family, Castro Valley, CA
"We have been working with Gar-Cal for quite a few years now. They are fantastic with whatever project we have them working on at any given time. Inside and out – Patio cover to bathroom remodel, new hardwood floors, to wrought iron installation. Our list is endless and they have done it all. Gar-Cal is our only choice for a contractor. Great ideas at a fair price. They are professional and very easy to work with. The are clean and clean up when they leave each day. We would recommend them to anyone that needs a great contractor. We wouldn’t use anyone else."
-Adams Family, Livermore, CA
"Professional, considerate, and patient … Everything they have done for us is within reasonable time and cost. I would absolutely recommend GarCal Construction!"
-Chris K., Livermore, CA
"Gar-Cal is more than a construction company, they are consultants. They’ve got a great eye for design and has given us many helpful suggestions."
-Hanson Family, Livermore, CA
"After our second job with Gar-Cal we won’t have anyone else except them work on our house."
-Hanson Family, Livermore, CA
"Gar-Cal Construction pays uncommon attention to detail and has a great knowledge of what techniques work best. Gar-Cal has unfailingly honored their schedule commitments and are a pleasure to deal with."
-Lowry Family, Castro Valley, CA
"We have had a relationship with Angel and Gar-Cal for over 4 years now, completing close to 10 different projects at both our old and new houses, and it's fair to say we feel like we've hit the jackpot.
He is fair and upfront about labor costs, and is happy to quote labor-only if we've wanted to buy the materials directly. He is responsive, his team is excellent, and they can do just about everything. Angel's team has done 2x bathrooms (complete remodel), 2x backyards (at the old and new house) - the one at the new house included pavers, an BBQ island, multiple planter boxes and turf/irrigation. He's done electrical work, a ton of tiling in the kitchen, painted - you name it. We've also found a significant cost advantage vs. other contractors (sometimes up to 50% cheaper than the next lowest quote for the same scope).
We wouldn't consider using anyone else for any project. In fact, he is going to do some work for me this weekend, and next year we hope to do another full bathroom remodel with him."
"There aren't enough stars to appropriately rate Gar-Cal. I've used them for two projects on my home and plan on using them for future projects as well. The first project was a complete remodel of my kitchen, a new roof, and all new electrical. The second, and most recent, project was a remodel of my bathroom where we removed everything and started from scratch. New plumbing, toilet, shower, vanity as well as flooring, doors, and paint. Every item was installed correctly and functions properly. THE FIRST TIME! Angel, the owner, and his team are incredibly professional and do their utmost to ensure that their work is efficient so you can get back to your life as soon as possible and with minimal disruption. Our project was completed on time and under budget, which from what I've seen of friend's projects, seems to be uncommon to say the least. If you're looking for a contractor that actually listens to your concerns, communicates in a timely and effective manner, and puts the customer first; Stop looking, you've found them. I highly recommend Gar-Cal for any home project."
"We did a kitchen remodel, drywall touch ups and various other projects around my home. I'm very happy with my experience with Angel and his crew. Angel was super responsive to all my needs and questions. The quality of work went beyond my expectation. I look forward to using Gar-Cal for other projects I have planned around my house."
"I am a professional Realtor with 35 years of experience. I have referred Gar-Cal and its owner Angel Garcia to a number of clients. Angel is very knowledgeable and does an amazing job. My clients have been very happy with their work. Each home he has helped renovate has sold for much more that it would have without the renovation and each client more than recouped the renovation expense. I can strongly recommend Gar-Cal."
Contact Us For A Project Estimate
Gar-Cal is available for all your large or small remodeling and landscaping needs. Enhance your home today with Gar-Cal! Contact us at (925) 785-3656 or send us a message with your information.